Feeding your baby is exciting for parents, especially in their first year.However, new parents also need to think aboutthe essential nutrition the baby needs to develop and grow healthy.
What food should you introduce first? Will the food be too hard to digest for the baby? What if my baby doesn’t like or is allergic to certain foods?We know feeding your baby can be both exciting and nerve-racking for new parents.
Baby food charts can help you get started, especially when it comes to introducing solid foods to your baby.
How a food chart for kids help new parents?
- Food chart has all the essential nutrients mentioned that your baby’s normal and healthy growth
- Making a food chart will ensure your baby is getting all the essential nutrients
- You can taste and check which food your baby likes the most or is allergic to certain food
- Knowing your baby’s likes and dislikes will help you feed them easily without having to force the food down their throat
Kids, especially babies can throw a lot of tantrums when it comes to feeding them and parents have no choice than to force-feed them. That makes feeding more difficult for both parents and babies.
As a new parent, you should understand that babies may not like certain foods due to their taste, texture or they are hard to swallow. Making a child food chart will help you try and taste different foods and see which ones your baby eats willingly.
How to make a food chart for kids?
Now comes the time to make an actual baby food chart. Babies, as well as growing children, need essential nutrition to develop normally. These tips will help you make or improve your healthy food chart for kids and make your kids love food and eating it.
What to include:
Cereals, grains, and pulses:
- An excellent source of energy.
- Rice is an allergen-free food.
- Easy to digest.
- Good source of Fiber.
- Vegetables such as carrots are rich in Vitamin A and Beta carotene
- Rich in nutrition and vitamins.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals.
What to avoid:
- Certain kinds of fish
Include these foods wisely in the child food chart to avoid gas problems:
Some foods break down slowly, whichcauses gas problems in your baby.
So, try to feed these foods in morning or afternoon meals.
- Citrus Fruits
Try to introduce a new food in the morning or early afternoon. Wait for four days before you try and feed any other new food to your baby.This will help them to try new food easily.